This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join one of the fastest-growing, most innovative companies in the UK and embark on the path towards a successful and rewarding career.
Reporting directly into the Commercial Manager we are seeking a Warehouse and Logistics Manager to manage the day-to-day operation of the warehouse and logistics function within the Swindon Regional Distribution Centre. The ideal candidates would have considerable experience in both warehouse and logistics functions, with a proven record of managing and co-ordinating people and processes. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8am – 5pm with a requirement for flexibility if needed.
Principal Responsibilities include :
- Organise, manage, and motivate a team of drivers & warehouse operatives.
- Oversee a busy inbound and outbound process function, including receipt, movement, picking and loading of products required.
- Ensure the correct use of a warehouse management system, offering proactive and innovative improvement ideas where possible.
- Conduct a perpetual stock control process ensuring stock levels are accurate, and planning for future stock capacity requirements.
- Ensure H&S requirements are met within the operation function, reporting feedback, and following procedures where required.
- Managing a fleet of vehicles & forklifts, liaising with maintenance suppliers to oversee planned and adhoc maintenance of all vehicles, machinery, and equipment.
- Ensure all logistics routing is planned and completed, highlighting additional requirements when needed.
- Monitor and review driver tachograph analysis.
- Ensure a clean, organised, and well-maintained warehouse facility & fleet of vehicles using company initiatives, such as 5S.
- Previous warehouse management experience
- Experience of working with warehouse management systems
- Experience of route planning and logistics management
- Current Forklift Licence (preferably Pivot Steer) experience
- Ability to organise, manage and lead a team of individuals
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive nature with a motivation to offer new process improvements
- Hard working & professional
- Numerically strong & computer literate
- Accurate, with the ability to make decisions
- Flexibility on duties to suit the needs of the business
A range of benefits are on offer to the successful candidate including: An auto enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions. Opportunity to become a shareholder. Health cash plan. Life insurance.