This is an exciting opportunity an enthusiastic individual to join one of the fastest growing companies in the UK and embark on the path toward a successful and rewarding career.
We are looking for an experienced Purchaser to be based at our Client’s office in Coventry. The role would suit an experienced Purchaser with ambition to become a lead buyer, or an individual with good business experience in a broader role that included some purchasing who now has the desire to focus on purchasing as a career.
The expectation is to provide first class purchasing support to an established and successful sales operation, all within in a fast moving B2B environment. You will have responsibility for supplier relationships and procurement of new lines. You will provide support to the Sales team by constructing detailed pricing proposals. You will be required to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills paired with highly efficient and accurate administrative ability. Your approach will consider all aspects of the business cycle, not just purchasing and you be able offer an all round customer focused approach.
You will gain:
- The opportunity to work in a supportive team environment
- Experience working amongst some of the industries leading experts
- Exposure to some of the most innovative products and solutions in the UK market
- Ongoing focus on building skill sets and personal development
You will need to:
- Purchasing experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Understanding of strategic buying methods and deal making
- Manage a healthy workload and prioritise effectively, maintain focus and organisation
- An ethical approach to business and relationship building
- Be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- Be outgoing, positive and have excellent communication skills, particularly on the telephone
- Be able to understand and effectively follow company process and procedure
- Be able to demonstrate ability with Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis on Excel
- A strong desire to improve the supplier/ customer experience
- Show a desire to learn about new and existing products
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Previous experience in a B2B role with some purchasing content
- Competent user of Microsoft office functions
- Educated to A level Standard or equivalent
Our Client offers an excellent benefits package including the opportunity to become a shareholder plus an auto enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions, plus more.