We are looking to recruit an experienced Property Manager to join our Property Management Client. You will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of a first-class residential property management service, looking after a small portfolio covering Northampton and Surrey. Full drivers licence and own car required. Salary £28k – £35k plus monthly car allowance.
The Property Manager is responsible for the proactive management of a number of residential blocks of flats, estate schemes and mixed-use developments. At the core of the Property Manager’s role is to ensure professionally managed developments using their skills, training, knowledge and initiative.
Specifically, the tasks include: –
- Customer Liaison In conjunction with other team members, to build relationships with residents and to deal with all stakeholders’ queries and correspondence concerning their portfolio in a timely manner and in accordance with KPIs and SLAs.
- To ensure that day to day telephone and written queries from residents, contractors etc. receive timely and appropriate responses as agreed with KPIs and SLAs in both written and oral replies to ensure high levels of professionalism and to preserve the company’s legal position.
- To liaise with the client (Freeholder/RMCs/RTM formal Residents Associations) advising and taking instruction where necessary.
- Site visits to carry out regular visits to managed developments as agreed and in accordance with the management agreement. If required undertake additional site visits to meet contractors, surveyors, leaseholders and residents etc.
- To establish a programmed approach to inspections to ensure properties are properly maintained and that health and safety guidelines policies are being adhered to provide action plans to ensure these continue to be adhered too
- Carry out inspections as a result of specific residents/clients concerns over repair/maintenance problems etc. Undertake follow up actions as a result of inspections.
- Meet with clients to build trusted relationships.
- Repairs, Section 20 Consultancy and Insurance Claims to arrange repairs and raise works orders in liaison with the Property Administrator and ensure these are carried out in a timely manner.
- To follow the appropriate statutory process on the consultation of leaseholders on repairs where required.
- Manage Section 20 Consultation Processes. Ensure notices are correctly served and major works are being appropriately Project Managed and are being undertaken as per specifications and in line with estimated costs.
- To ensure that regular communications are in place with the Property Administrator to ensure works are tracked and completed within required timescales. In liaison with the Property Administrator; keep leaseholders, residents and clients (where necessary) up to date with progress of works and insurance claims. Contractor Appointment and Management Ensure Maintenance Contracts are in place for all assets and that general maintenance items such as cleaning and gardening.
- Ensure Maintenance Contractors are adhering to specifications
- If specifications are inadequate; prepare new specifications in line with the properties needs and client’s requirements
- Re-tender contracts when required. Prepare contract tendering documentation with the assistance from the Property Administrator and identify likely maintenance contractors / service providers. Review contractor tenders, their H&S policies, method statements etc.