To support the continued growth of our Client’s Regional Distribution Centre, we are looking to recruit a Packaging Design Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join one of the fastest-growing, most innovative companies in the UK and embark on the path towards a successful and rewarding career.
We are seeking a Packaging Technologist to join this team and work closely with both suppliers and customers, to deliver an exceptional service experience. The role will involve site visits to understand the total packaging costs to our customers and deliver cost down opportunities and design assistance on new projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in either CAD design or corrugated design.
The job responsibilities will include:
- Generating new packaging designs in response to customer briefs.
- Help develop new business in conjunction with the external sales team by offering alternative packaging to improve costs, reduce damages and speed up packing operations.
- Work in conjunction with the purchasing team to ensure the correct manufacturing partners are used.
- Keeping up to date with our new product development teams and technological innovations in our supply chain.
- Work with all customers to ensure we delivers VAVE.
- Pack testing and trialling solutions to ensure benefits are delivered.
- Report on all projects at the RDC Sales Meeting.
- Meet RDC KPIs to drive best practise.
- You will have an individual new business target
- Clean Drivers Licence
In return we will offer you the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced and skilled people in our industry. You will be joining an organisation that has grown from zero to a major national player and where the energy and enthusiasm of the team is infectious.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build a career and join a fast-growing, employee-owned company where you will have the option to become a shareholder in the business. Our Client is a circa £100 million company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a philosophy of working hard and achieving results.
A range of benefits are on offer to the successful candidate including:
- Competitive salary and bonus package.
- Company car or car scheme.
- Opportunity to become a shareholder.
- Health cash plan.
- Laptop and Mobile